Ever wondered why you didn’t do well on a test or assignments even though you’ve spent hours studying and preparing?
Understanding your learning style is a great way to identify effective ways to study. Complete one of many assessments that will identify your learning style.
Included are a few ideas on how to study based on your learning style.
Auditory: Learns better by listening to audio or lectures
- Utilize study groups where you can talk things through
- Work math problems aloud explaining the process
- Repeat facts and definitions
Visual: Learns better by seeing information in written, picture, or graph form
- Close your eyes to visualize information that you are trying to remember
- Include illustrations as you take notes
- Rewrite or draw information from memory
Tactile/Kinesthetic: Learns better by doing or completing hands on activities
- Act things out when possible
- Consider walking back and forth with your study material instead of sitting at your desk
- Take lots of notes during class and edit them later
Source: HOW TO STUDY.com