• Complete any reading assignments before class.
• Capture questions that you have about the material you’ve read and what is listed in your notes.
• Re-read notes from each class to refresh your memory of what was covered.
• Pick a seat where you can see the board and hear what is being communicated.
• Listen closely and focus on information that your teacher or professor places emphasis.
• Quickly capture information by using abbreviations and symbols.
• Ask questions and document the answers in your notes.
• Utilize note taking software to capture information and organize your notes.
• Review and update your notes to make them more clear.
• Find answers to questions that you may have had while in class.
• Check with others in your class to make sure that you haven’t missed anything.